Waterproof Book Covers
August 4, 2012 1 Comment
Here’s another fabulous idea that Martha has created. I thought this would be perfect, especially since lots of you out there will be going to the beach.
Protect your summer reading at the beach or pool with these stylish covers. Use oilcloth or vinyl to repel water and lotion.
What You’ll Need to do:
1. Place fabric, wrong side up, on work surface; lay opened book on top.
2. Mark around book; add 1/2 inch beyond top and bottom and 3 inches on each side. Cut out.
3. Turn under and stitch 1/4-inch hem along top and bottom edges.
4. Center opened book horizontally, and mark fold lines for left and right flaps 1/4 inch beyond book covers.
5. Fold flaps over, and sew in place along top and bottom edges in line with hems.