Just Like Olive Garden Breadsticks Recipe
December 3, 2012 1 Comment
I don’t know about you but I can’t resist Olive Garden’s breadsticks. Hmm, so good! Here’s a recipe that if not exact, it is very close to what you find in the restaurant:
What You Will Need:
For the Dough:
– 4-5 cups of flour
– 1 ½ cups of warm water
– 2 Tbsp of sugar
– 2 Tbsp of softened butter
– 1 Tbsp of yeast
– 1 Tbsp of salt
For the Topping:
– 3-4 Tbsp of melted butter (depending on your preference)
– 1 tsp of sea salt (if you don’t have any sea salt on hand, you can use regular salt but I would cut the amount in at least half or I have also used seasoning salt to change things up; however, it won’t taste quite the same then)
– 1 tsp of garlic powder
What You Will Need to do:
1. To prepare the dough, pour the warm water into a mixer with the yeast and sugar. Mix it for a minute or two and then let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Now add the salt, butter and half the flour. Slowly mix the ingredients together.
3. Add the remaining flour and continue to mix until everything is mixed well together.
4. Now let the dough rest in the bowl for about an hour.
5. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
6. Once the dough has doubled in size, roll the dough out into a long log.
7. Spray cooking spray on a knife and cut the dough into 12 pieces.
8. Next roll those pieces out into a long “snakes”.
9. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and places the pieces on top.
10. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the breadsticks have risen.
11. Now brush the butter on top.
12. Place the breadsticks back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, just keep an eye on them and take them out of the oven when they become golden brown.
14. With the remaining butter, mix in the garlic powder. Brush the breadsticks again and sprinkle the salt on top.